Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Vanity… the would be downfall of my humanity...

The honest answer would be, “Sorry, I’m not a club goer. So, I could not answer your question.” However, due to my egomaniac pride and fear of being looked down, I confabulate, meaning, ‘filling in the blank’ of my (empty) memory with truths and lies/imaginations. Yes, I’m painfully aware that I’m beating around the bush. So, I want to say, I am so sorry I sort of lie to you of how knowledgeable I was when I tried to answer your question, KadazanMan. There, I feel like the weight of the universe had been lifted off my heart… ;)

What? Web-defines Vanity: amour propre: feelings of excessive pride
Who? Pig-headed people; ‘Bodoh-sombong’ people; ‘blinded’ people; delusional people; “Tak nak kalah” people…
When? Losing arguments; felt insulted (sort of all thinking flies away); hormonal imbalance (PMS?); being cornered; etc…
Why? Fear of being looked down; troubled mind; false belief; hormonal imbalance (the cause); etc…

How to avoid?
Acknowledge that you are not perfect or as knowledgeable as or as good as the next person to you; that the others’ thinking are not the same with you; that their conviction are not the same with you; that they may not be willing to change/accept your conviction or belief; and remember that you are just like a speck of dust in the Universe…
Have open mind, forgiving heart, acknowledging differences and accepting differences, acknowledging own limits and inadequacies, then you are okay… ;)

Just a note to myself…

Inspired by Obama’s “I screwed up!” Cheers! ;)

No comments: